Aluminized fabrics are laminated in Texfire’s facilities and they are divided in two groups, depending of the aluminium sheet nature:
- · Aluminized fabrics that directly use a aluminium layer (AL fabrics), that show an excellent resistance to direct flame contact.
- · Aluminized fabrics that use a film recovered by aluminium powder (ALPET fabrics), which offer the highest values regarding radiant heat reflection, without compromising the fabric flexibility.
Different flame retardant fabric compositions are used as a basis of aluminized fabric, depending on the lamination’s final application: thermal barriers, steelmaking gaiters, curtains for ovens, are some examples of Texfire’s aluminized fabrics real applications.
It allows the insulation of radiant heat sources, the same time it offers good protection to small splashes of melted metal.
- Composition: 82% E-glass 16% Silicone 2% Aluminium powder
- Resistance: 350ºC in continuous
- Weight: 510 g/m² ±5%
- Width: 150 cm
- Featured: Insulation of radiant heat and protection to small splashes of melted metal