ALUMINIZED FABRIC EGLA 200 AL
ALUMINIZED FIBERGLASS FABRIC WITH THERMAL SHIELD
EGLA 200 AL is an E-glass fiberglass fabric of 200 gsm, aluminized on one side with a 12 microns aluminium film. The aluminized face of the fabric performs as a thermal shield, blocking radiant heat transference and enhancing thermal insulation before convective heat sources or direct flames. While fiberglass fibers bring dimensional stability, mechanical resistance and thermal resistance, the set can be able to withstand temperatures up to 450ºC in continuous works and 550ºC in working peaks.
EGLA 200 AL aluminized fabric is a very versatile flame retardant fabric, for very diverse applications where protection before high temperatures is requited. The aluminized side is totally waterproof, suitable to protect before oil and organic acid spills. Its main use is to cover and plug objects that are sensible to high temperatures or direct flames. It also can perform as a thermal shield before radiant heat sources. Besides its flame retardant features, Texfire does not recommend to use EGLA 200AL aluminium fabric as a fire blanket, nor in welding works.
This fabric has the official certification EN 13501-1 - Classification, depending on the behavior against fire, of construction products and building elements - Obtaining the A2-s1-d0 classification. It has also been tested in Texfire’s internal laboratories according to regulation UNE-EN ISO 15025 - Test method for limited flame spreading – obtaining A1-A2 classification. Regarding the performed tests of radiant and convective heat, it obtained a B1 result according to ISO 9151 - Determination of heat transmission in exposition to a flame. - and a C4 result according to ISO 6942 - Evaluation of materials and sets of materials when exposed to a radiant heat source.
- Fabric’s thickness 0,2 mm, 220 g/m2, useful width 150 cm.
- Resists continuous temperatures of 450ºC in continuous works and 550ºC in working peaks.
- The aluminized side offers thermal protection before radiant heat sources, convective heat sources and direct flames.
- Easy to handle, it hardly frays when being cut with scissors.
- Its flame retardant features are permanent, not decreasing over time. Does not expire.
- Waterproof fabric before water, liquids, oils, greases and fumes.
- Convective heat
- ISO 9151 | B1
- Radiant heat
- ISO 6942 | C4
- Traction resistance
- ISO 4606 | Warp 2400 NT Weft 2000 NT
- Fire reaction
- EN 13501-1 | A2 - s1 - d0
- Flame propagation
- ISO 15025 | A1 - A2
- Water penetration resistance
- EN 20811 | 140 000 Pa
- Thermal quilt.
- Protection cases.
- Flame retardant protector.
- Thermal reflector.
- Flame retardant fabric to plug surfaces.
- Flame retardant insulation quilt.
- Thermal barrier.
- Thermal shield.
- Radiant heat protector.
- Thermal insulator.
- Covers of drums or palets.
- Petrochemical industries.
- Naval industries.
- Installing and maintenance industries.
- Boilermaking industries.
- Foundries and metallurgies.
- Logistic, transport and storage companies.
- Use the aluminized side in front of the heat source.
- Never use alcohol, solvents or detergents to clean it, flammable remains can remain.
- A wet cloth can be used to clean the aluminized side.
- Check its status before its use.
- Do not submit the aluminized side to abrasion, rubbing or shearing forces.
- It is recommended to store it always rolled as a tube in order to extend its useful life.
- It is recommended to handle the fabric with gloves to avoid the fiberglass fibers to get in direct contact with skin, because it can cause itching.