ALUMINIZED FABRIC PARATEX 460 ALP
ALUMINIZED PARA-ARAMID FABRIC
The fabric PARATEX 460 ALP is a para-aramid fabric with a special fabric ligament which brings flexibility and good drapability. This fabric is aluminized with a thin layer of aluminum powder, which avoid foil cracking and improve the durability of the fabric. Para-aramid fibers turn it into an inherent flame retardant fabric, with high mechanical resistance, resistance to abrasion, cutting and vibrations. It also offers a good performance in high temperatures situations (up to 260ºC). The aluminized side of the fabric performs as a thermal shield before radiant and convective heat sources, in addition to protecting the para-aramid fibers from UV beams.
Aluminized fabric PARATEX 460 ALP is mainly designed to be used where high mechanical resistance or abrasion values are required, exposed to radiant or convective heat sources at high temperatures. It is used for welding robot covers or in metal foundries, hose, pipes or cable covers. PARATEX 460 ALP offers a great resistance to abrasion and cuttings, which turns it into a suitable fabric for personal protection equipment (PPEs), like gloves, aprons, neck covers… It can bear temperatures up to 260ºC in continuous working, arriving up to 500ºC in working peaks. It has a width of 1,4 mm, but it keeps a great flexibility.
PARATEX 460 ALP has been tested in tests performed in Texfire’s internal laboratories, meeting regulation ISO 15025, resistance limited to flames.
- Withstands continuous temperatures of 260ºC and peaks of 500ºC.
- Fabric thickness 1,4 mm, 465 g/m2 and useful width of 150 cm.
- The aluminized face offers thermal insulation against radiant and convective heat sources.
- Easy handling, does not fray when cut with scissors.
- Flexible fabric, resistant to cycles of movement and rubbing.
- Its fire resistant properties are permanent, they do not diminish with use. Does not expire.
- High resistance to traction, abrasion and cutting.
- Good dimensional stability, does not shrink.