FLAME RETARDANT PARA-ARAMID THREAD
CONE OF FLAME RETARDANT PARA-ARAMID SEWING THREAD WITH A REINFORCEMENT OF STAINLESS STEEL - CONE 2.000 m
The para-aramid thread reinforced with stainless steel is a flame retardant sewing thread of 90 Tex, composed of 100% of para-aramid fibres able to withstand temperatures up to 425ªC. Its steel reinforcement confers it a great mechanical resistance and thanks to it, it resists temperatures of 400ªC under mechanical tension up to 1,000ªC without tension. In addition, this flame resistant thread has a great resistance to abrasion and cut.
Each cone contains 2,000 meters of thread and is wrapped in an opaque bag to protect the fibre from UV beams. This yellowish thread does not deteriorate with light, but its colour can vary. It is recommended to use a sewing needle of a 120-140 metric.
Para-aramid flame retardant sewing thread with a stainless steel nucleus is suitable for all those technical textile applications where the thread can be exposed to high temperatures, flames or fire, and all those that also require mechanical strains. It is widely used to tailor curtains or welding blankets, flame retardant curtains, thermal cases, compensation joints, laggings, etc. In addition, it can be used to tailor protection garments against high temperatures and fire, as well as all kind of PPEs, like firefighter and security service uniforms.
- Thickness: 90 Tex.
- Cone: 2,000 m/cone (250g.)
- Spool height = 11 cm.
- Permanent flame retardant.
- Thread reinforced with stainless steel.
- High resistance to traction, abrasion, and cut.
- 100% para-aramid fibre of a yellowish colour.
- Sensible to UV beams.
- Resists continuous temperatures of 400ªC and peak temperatures of 1,000ºC.
- Keep the roll stored in an opaque bag to avoid exposition to UV beams.
- It is not recommended to tailor garments for electricians or welders because the stainless steel reinforcement could conduct power in case of direct contact with other conductors.