WELDING BLANKET WELD S2
FLAME RETARDANT BLANKET FOR WELDING 900ºC, LIGHT AND REVERSIBLE.
WELD S2 blanket for welding is flame retardant and is tailored with Texfire’s WELS2 fabric. It’s designed to be used on both sides, ensuring the best safety and protection to workers and their environment, before incandescent sparks and melted metal projections caused in welding, cutting and grinding tasks. Its silicone coating for high temperatures on both sides makes it repel sparks and molten metals projections. This blanket is completely impermeable to liquids and fumes and can be used on both sides. It is a very flexible and malleable product. In addition, it offers the same level of protection on both sides, which allows you to protect and work without any problem.
The WELD S2 flame retardant welding blanket has been developed to protect against welding sparks (TIG, MIG, Electrode,...) cutting and grinding. It is a versatile product that can be used to protect surfaces, objects and people from projections and splashes of molten metal. Texfire recommends its use in a diagonal or vertical position. The blanket is reinforced with bies tape and made with flame retardant thread. It presents metallic eyelets in each one of the corners to make its installation easy. Besides, it includes an elastic band to roll up and store comfortably. It is available in 2 sizes:
- 150x100 cm (900 gr.)
- 200x150 cm (1.750 gr.)
WELS2 fabric used to tailor WELD S2 welding blankets, has been tested and certified with regulation UNE 23727 - Reaction to fire of construction materials - obtaining an M1 classification. This test was performed recently, during 2020. It also has been tested under regulation UNE 13773 - Behavior to fire of curtains and drapes, and it obtained the best classification - Class 1. EN ISO 11611: Protection fabrics for welding and related techniques, obtaining the maximum certification in test EN ISO 9150 – Class 2.
- Fabric’s thickness 0,5 mm.
- Repels impacts from incandescent splashes of metals and other materials.
- WELS2 fabric is impermeable to liquids and gases.
- Light and flexible, easy to handle, use and storage.
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors use.
- Totally opaque, suitable to protect elements.
- Free of asbestos.
- Finished with textile bies and tailored with Nomex® black colored flame retardant thread.
- Includes metallic grommets on each cornet, to ease its placement.
- WELS2 fabric is inherently flame retardant, it does not burn, nor melts or drips.
- Intrinsic features in the fibers, their features don’t decrease over time.
- Designed and tailored in Texfire, Barberà del Vallès.