WELDING BLANKET WELD SX
FLAME RETARDANT BLANKET FOR STRONG WELDING, HEAT INSULATOR 1300ºC.
WELD SX welding blanket has been developed and manufactured solely in Texfire. Tailored with WELD SX fabric, it is the only welding blanket that can retain incandescent sparks while performing as a thermal barrier.
It brings protection and contention from the projections derived from practically all welding modalities: MIG, Electrode, TIG, spot welding, and other welding techniques. It also works greatly for cutting operations: Radial cut, oxycut or plasma cutting and grinding...
Texfire’s WELD SX welding blanket has a silicone finish for high temperatures (shiny black side) that repels incandescent sparks and fused metal splashes, avoiding that those are stuck in the fabric’s surface, not piercing nor carbonizing the surface this way, which extends its useful life significantly. PREOX mat fabric on the other side performs as a thermal barrier, avoiding notably heat transference from one side of the blanket to the other, remaining as the only blanket in the market that performs as a thermal barrier (thermal insulator) while containing incandescent projections (Flame retardant shield).
The blanket’s edge is reinforced with a black bies, and it’s tailored with Nomex® black colored flame retardant thread. It has metallic grommets on each corner to ease its installation and it includes an elastic band to store it easily and properly.
WELD SX welding blanket can be used both vertically, diagonally and horizontally, hung or in direct contact with the surface to protect. The silicone side is placed in exposure to the sparks, and the mat side is placed in contact with the material or surface to protect and isolate from heat.
Available in two different sizes:
- 150x100 cm. (1.100 gr.)
- 200x150 cm. (2.200 gr.)
This welding blanket, created in 2019 and tested by professional welders, is being used nowadays in special and conventional welding workshops, from shipyards up to boilermaker industries, steel industries or any workshop that requires protection or spark contention up to 1.300ºC. The continuous work temperature of this blanket is around 300ªC.
WELD SX fabric, the one by which this blanket is made of, meets the following European ISO regulations:
- EN ISO 9185: Resistance of textile materials before melted metal splashes, obtaining the maximum classification in protection before splashes of molten iron at 1.200ªC Value (E3) and before splashes of molten aluminium at 800ºC (D3).
- EN ISO 11611: Protection fabrics for welding and related techniques, obtaining the maximum certification in test EN ISO 9150: (CLASS 2).
In addition, WELD SX fabric has been certified recently (in 2020) with Spanish regulation UNE 23727 - Reaction to fire of construction materials, with an M2 classification.
- Fabric’s thickness 2,1 mm.
- Repels impacts from incandescent splashes of metals and other materials.
- WELD SX fabric is impermeable to liquids and gases.
- Light and flexible, easy to handle, use and storage.
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors use.
- Totally opaque, suitable to protect elements.
- Thermally insulator.
- WELD SX fabric does not irritate skin. Free of asbestos.
- Finished with textile bies and tailored with Nomex® black colored flame retardant thread.
- Includes metallic grommets on each cornet, to ease its placement.
- WEL SX fabric is inherently flame retardant, it does not burn, nor melts or drips.
- Intrinsic features in the fibers, their features don’t decrease over time.
- Designed and tailored in Texfire, Barberà del Vallès.