Fire blanket, the complement of extraction hoods
It is in the extraction hood or in the cooking area, mainly when frying, the most proper element and place in the kitchen to start a fire, due to greases and oils are flammable products and when those are very hot, the chance to start a fire raises.
What is the function of an extraction hood?
- Remove smoke.
- Absorb odors.
- Heat, vapor in air.
- Suspended grease in air.
- Combustion products.
Very useful in gas cookers since gas beams several contaminant emissions, like carbon monoxide and, sometimes, nitrous oxides.
What is the function of a fire blanket?
- Suffocate the first connotes of fire.
- Extinguish the fires of cooking oils, essentially.
- Turn off fires affecting people's clothes.
What is the relationship between a fire blanket and an extraction hood in a kitchen?
It is in the extraction hood or in the cooking area, mainly when frying, the most proper element and place in the kitchen to start a fire, due to greases and oils are flammable products and when those are very hot, the chance to start a fire raises. The situation becomes more proper if extraction hoods aren't cleaned with the necessary frequency.
The most suitable element to have in hand at that time is a fire blanket, since it will help us to suffocate the first connotes of fire and avoid major damage. New FPAFR (Facilities of Protection Against Fire Regulation) considers fire blankets as an active protection element against fires.
In the market, you can find the range of fire blankets, TEXFIRE, that meet the UNE EN 1869/1997 regulation. Fire blankets Texfire have great benefits in their use:
- Very light: weighting 200 g/m².
- Very functional: Being very light, it is easier to use by any person, no matter the physical condition (display and use).
- Keeps cleansign once used: In case of use, the environment is kept cleaned and free of particles caused by the flames.
- More flexible: Due to the fiber used in the fabric, it shapes to any kind of surface or body.
In addition, they also have the following technical properties:
- Safe for the skin: Asbestos free, fiberglass free, it doesn't discharge toxic fumes.
- More resistant: It does not burn, nor drip, suitable to stop any kind of fire and it is heat insulator.
- Maximum security: Designed under regulation UNE EN 1869-1997 to act before any kind of fire.
- Maximum efficiency: Avoids the restart of a fire.
- 100% national manufacture.
- Does not need professional maintenance. Must be displayed and folded again annually.
- Ergonomic design: Suitable to any environment, presented in a:
- Stainless box (for professional and industrial kitchens, institutions and entities).
- Textile cover (home sector, hostelry, seamanship, cars.
- Basic bag (thought to its replacement).
Conclusion: To avoid bitter experiences with fire and extraction hood in the kitchen, it is ideal to take in account:
- A systematic maintenance of the extraction hood. (Under the requirements of manufacturer).
- Put a protection system against fires, adding a fire blanket as an active element against fire.