THERMAL INSULATING COVER FOR 1.000 L DRUM
ALUMINIZED AND FLAME RETARDANT THERMAL COVER FOR IBC CONTAINER OF 1.000 LITERS
Flame retardant covers for containers of 1.000 liters have been designed to keep the internal temperature of the container as much as possible, and isolate the content from high temperatures in case of fire. Tailored with Texfire’s exfire’s ALTOX multi-layered fabric, it is a flame retardant fabric that performs as a thermal shield protecting against flames and high temperatures.
The aluminized side of the fabric confers protection before radiant heat. Also, it’s totally impermeable and resistant to flames, offering a passive protection in a situation of fire connate. This cover serves to thermally protect and isolate drums and their content. Being opaque, it also protects from UV beams. Aluminized and flame retardant covers for cubic IBC containers of 1.000 liters have measurements of 120x100x117 cm, a thickness of 4 mm and a total weight of 2,7 kg. each cover.
Covers for containers of 1.000 liters are remarkable for their lightness and easy handling, a single person can easily and quickly install them. It has also a lateral closure with flame retardant Velcro, which allows a better adjustment and eases the cover’s ensembling.
The cover leaves the containter’s inferior base without coverage, in order to work with forklift trucks without removing the cover, or to place heating platforms or pallets. The frontal side is foldable and gets adjusted with a velcro closure. It also has two small slots, one in the front side and the other in the superior area, in order to access to the bottom’s tap and the superior filling cap. The cover has a flap on its top that eases the access to the drum’s bunghole.
It's optimal thermal range of use is situated between -5ºC and 80ºC as maximum temperature.
The features and technical qualities of the cover are based on the used fabric, Texfire’s ALTOX. Tested in our internal laboratories according to regulation UNE-EN ISO 6942 - Evaluation of materials and sets of materials when exposed to a radiant heat source - obtaining the best qualification C4. And according to regulation UNE EN ISO 9151- Determination of heat transmission when exposed to a flame - with a B2 result, as a protection barrier to convective heat.
- Cover’s size: 120x100x117 cm.
- Thickness of 4 mm.
- Weight: 2,7 kg.
- Easy to place and withdraw.
- Keeps the drum’s temperature during more time (up to 3 times).
- Resists direct contact with flames.
- Resists exposure to radiant heat and high temperatures.
- Isolates the content against exterior high temperatures.
- Flexible fabric, easy to handle.
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors use.
- Totally opaque, it protects before UV beams.
- Its flame retardant features are permanent, not decreasing over time.
- Thermal barrier.
- Covers of flammable products.
- UV protection cover.
- Impermeable cover.
- Cover for high temperatures.
- Food industry.
- Chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Logistics and transports.
- Laboratories and pharmaceutical industries.
- Clean the cover with water only.
- The aluminized side can be cleaned with a wet cloth.
- Check its status before its use.
- Do not wrinkle nor compress the cover in excess.