WELDING FABRIC WELD SX
FLAME RETARDANT FABRIC FOR WELDING + THERMAL BARRIER
Weld SX is a welding fabric, designed and manufactured by Texfire, that resists continuous temperatures of 500ºC and peak temperatures up to 1300ºC. It is a multi-layered fabric, composed by a E-Glass fiberglass core which brings mechanical resistance, a silicone finish for high temperatures that repels sparks (shiny black side) and a carbonised plush fabric on the other side, which performs as a thermal barrier, reducing notably heat transference.
WELD SX welding fabric has been developed to retain incandescent sparks of welding (TIG, MIG, Electrode...) and cut (radial, oxycut or plasma cutting). Weld SX fabric also performs as a thermal barrier and protects objects, surfaces or areas before the heat generated by those sparks. It is suitable to use it vertically, as a curtain type and horizontally as a kind of welding
blanket to cover and protect surfaces.
WELD SX is certified in 2020 with regulation UNE 23727 - Reaction to fire of construction materials -, with M2 classification. It also overcomes regulation EN ISO 9150 with a Class 2 classification - Behaviour of materiales over the impact of small melted metal splashes.
- It resists continuous temperatures up to 500ºC and peak temperatures of 1300ºC.
- Fabric’s thickness 2,1mm, 700g/m2 and useful widenes of 145cm.
- It repels the impacts of incandescent metal splashes and other materials.
- Totally impermeable to liquids and fumes.
- Flexible fabric, easy to handle, it does not fray when being cut with scissors.
- Suitable for its use indoors and outdoors.
- Totally opaque, suitable to protect sensible ellements.
- Its flame retardant features don’t decrease with its use. It does not expire.
- Fire resistance
- UNE 23727 / M2
- Convective heat
- EN ISO 9151 | B1
- Radiant heat
- EN ISO 6942 | C1
- Traction resistance
- EN 13934-1 | Warp 2700NT Weft 1700 NT
- Flame propagation
- ISO 15025 | A1 - A2
- Melted metal splashes
- EN ISO 9150 | CLASS 2
EN ISO 9185 | E3/D3
- Water penetration resistance
- EN 20811 | 100
- Resistance welding and cutting projections
- 11611 | CLASS 2
- Abrasion Resistance
- ISO 12947-2 | 20-000 Cycles
- Flame retardant fabric for welding.
- Flexible flame retardant barrier.
- Flame retardant curtain for welding.
- Flame retardant welding blanket.
- Thermal barrier to protect elements.
- Suitable to produce heat protectors.
- Welding: TIG, MIG, ELECTRODE and SPOT WELDING.
- Radial cutting.
- Oxycut and plasma cutting.
- Naval, Offshore and subcontracting sectors.
- Construction sector.
- Foundries and metal industries.
- Always use it with the shiny side exposed to sparks.
- Can be washed by using a wet cloth.
- Do not use alcohols, solvents or powders to wash it.
- Do not rub, brush or vacuum the plush side.
- As higher the distance of the fabric from the spark source, the better it will perform.
- It is recommended to always store the product rolled in a tube to extend its useful life.