WELDING FABRIC WELD SX
FLAME RETARDANT FABRIC FOR WELDING + THERMAL BARRIER
Weld SX is a welding fabric, designed and manufactured by Texfire, that resists continuous temperatures of 500ºC and peak temperatures up to 1300ºC. It is a multi-layered fabric, composed by a E-Glass fiberglass core which brings mechanical resistance, a silicone finish for high temperatures that repels sparks (shiny black side) and a carbonised plush fabric on the other side, which performs as a thermal barrier, reducing notably heat transference.
WELD SX welding fabric has been developed to retain incandescent sparks of welding (TIG, MIG, Electrode...) and cut (radial, oxycut or plasma cutting). Weld SX fabric also performs as a thermal barrier and protects objects, surfaces or areas before the heat generated by those sparks. It is suitable to use it vertically, as a curtain type and horizontally as a kind of welding
blanket to cover and protect surfaces.
In 2023, the WELD SX obtains EN ISO 13501-1 certification - Classification based on the fire performance of construction products and building elements - achieving results B s1 d0. Additionally, the WELD SX is certified in 2020 according to UNE 23727 standards - Reaction to fire of construction materials - with an M2 classification. Moreover, it exceeds the EN ISO 9150 standard with a Class 2 classification - Behavior of materials subjected to small splashes of molten metal.
- It resists continuous temperatures up to 500ºC and peak temperatures of 1300ºC.
- Fabric’s thickness 2,1mm, 700g/m2 and useful widenes of 145cm.
- It repels the impacts of incandescent metal splashes and other materials.
- Totally impermeable to liquids and fumes.
- Flexible fabric, easy to handle, it does not fray when being cut with scissors.
- Suitable for its use indoors and outdoors.
- Totally opaque, suitable to protect sensible ellements.
- Its flame retardant features don’t decrease with its use. It does not expire.