CAR FIRE BLANKET
FIRE BLANKET FOR PETROL AND DIESEL CARS.
Texfire’s car off-turning fire blankets are fire blankets, designed to extinguish fires in motor, gas or diesel vehicles indistinctly. Tailored with a fiberglass fabric recovered with a polymer on both sides. It incorporates 4 grips, one on each corner, in order to ease its placement. Car off-turning blankets are delivered inside a textile rucksack to ease its transportation and storage.
With a surface of 6x8 m (48 m2), this blanket allows to cover most cars in case of a fire, even SUVs and jeeps. For its correct placement and because of safety measures, in case of fire the intervention of at least 2 people is recommended. The car off-turning fire blanket weighs approximately 25 kg.
The efficiency of car off-turning fire blankets resides on its ability to extinguish a fire in only a few minutes, through the fire suffocation way. The use of this fire blanket has several advantages in relation to other fire systems to extinguish flames in a car, like powder fire extinguishers or water hoses:
- It is not necessary to have a water source or deposit nearby.
- Only 2 people are needed to extinguish a car on flames.
- Can be stored easily, it does not expire.
- Any kind of anti-fire training is not needed.
- It avoids that fire spreads to vehicles nearby or surrounding installations.
- It contains the toxic smokes derived from combustion.
- It contains the opaque smokes, which allows a perfect vision and situation control.
- It avoids that installations, like underground parking lots, are damaged with smoke and other incandescent particles in suspension.
- It avoids that the remains of the fire are filtered in the sewage, as it happens with water use.
- It does not leave any trace of particles in suspension or placed over surfaces as it happens with fire extinguishers.
- It can be used close to electrical panels and other installations sensible to water.
- It largely limits damages caused by the accident.
- It eases the firefighter’s performance both in resources and in time.
The features and particularities of a fire blanket for cars turn it into an interesting safety element to::
- Outdoor parking lots.
- Underground parking lots.
- Commercial centers.
- Hotel’s parking lots.
- Car rental companies.
- Mechanical workshops.
- Port services.
- Car dealerships.
- Charging stations.
- Gas stations.
- Insurance companies.