FIBERGLASS FABRIC EGLA 200
FLAME RETARDANT FIBERGLASS FABRIC OF 200 GSM
The item EGLA 200 is a flame retardant fabric, with a taffeta binding, of E-glass fiberglass of 200 g/m2 and 150 cm wide. E-glass fibers can withstand continuous working temperatures of 300ºC up to 550ªC in working peaks. Flame retardant features are intrinsic to the fibers and don’t decrease with use nor time. Its features don’t expire.
EGLA 200 is a flame retardant fabric with great malleability, it adapts greatly to complex geometries and it’s widely used to protect or cover objects before fire or direct contact with flames. It is used to separate areas performing as a basic flame retardant curtain, or flame retardant drape. Another of its main uses is as a base of technical laminates or aluminized fabrics.
This fabric has been tested in Texfire’s internal laboratories according to regulation UNE-EN ISO 15025 - Test method for limited flame spreading – achieving A1-A2 classification. It offers a resistance to traction of 1900N in warp direction and other 1900N in weft direction according to regulation EN-ISO 13934-1- Features of fabrics before traction.
- Fabric’s thickness 0,3 mm, weight of 200 g/m2 and useful width 150 cm.
- It resists working temperatures of 300ºC and peak temperatures up to 550ºC.
- Light and malleable fabric that adapts greatly to complex geometries.
- Its flame retardant features are permanent, not decreasing with the use. Does not expire.
- Does not spread flames.
- Can be easily cut with scissors, but it tends to fray and release fibers.