NON-WOVEN FLAME RETARDANT NT PREOX 200
NON-WOVEN FLAME RETARDANT FABRIC
NT PREOX 200 is a non-woven fabric composed by pre-carbonized fibers of polyacrylonitrile (PPAN). Widely used as a barrier to fire thanks to its inherent flame retardant features and its good performance when being in direct contact with flames. Pre-oxidized fibers have a very high LOI (Limiting Oxygen Index), around 45, which confers it a very high level of thermal and acoustic insulation. Thus, its non-woven structure turns it into a light, soft and pliable fabric that adapts greatly to complex geometries. NT PREOX 200 plush does not burn, nor melt or drip.
NT PREOX 200 non-woven needle-punch has a thickness of 2 mm and a weight of 200 g/m2, it is used mainly as a fire barrier or a fire blanket in multiple sectors, thanks to its inherent flame retardant features. It is able to withstand temperatures up to 300ºC in continuous work and up to 500ºC in working peaks. Its insulating features turn it into an essential element in flame retardant and insulating multi-layered laminations, used in the production of flame retardant covers and protectors.
Its great flexibility and adaptability to any other object or area are also highlighted, turning this fabric into a great option to tailor fire blankets, flame retardant tapestry linings, coverings or simply to cover sensible elements. It is also used as a flame retardant curtain in theatres or big events with an audience thanks to its light weight, though it is not totally opaque.
NT PREOX 200 has been tested in internal laboratories with the following tests: ISO 9151 - Determination of heat transmission in exposure to a flame -, result B1, NF P 92502 (reaction to fire) with a Class 1 classification. It also meets regulation EN ISO 15025 - Protection against flame - with an A1-A2 classification.
- Resists continuous temperatures of 300ºC and peak temperatures of 550ºC.
- Very high LOI 45-50.
- Thermal and acoustic insulator.
- Light, flexible, pliable.
- Las fibras de PPAN fibers does not irritate skin.
- Some fibers can be left when being cut.
- Punched structure, low resistance to traction.
- Inherent flame retardant, does not burn, nor melt or drip.
- Intrinsic features of the fibers do not decrease with use, does not expire.
- Convective heat
- ISO 9151 | B1
- Radiant heat
- ISO 6942 | C2
- Smoke class
- NF F 16-101 | F3 CLASS
- Traction resistance
- EN ISO 29073-3 | MIN. 6 - MIN 5 KG/ 5 CM
- Fire reaction
- NF P 92 503 | M1 CLASS
- Flame propagation
- ISO 15025 | A1-A2
- Effectivity against fire
- UNE EN 1869:1997 | PASS
- Heat resistance
- ISO 17493 | 180ºC PASS
- Classification to fire
- UNE 23723 | M1
- Combustion spread
- ISO 3795 | 0
- Transversal elongation
- EN ISO 29073-3 | MAX. 100% - MAX. 90%
- Flame retardant lining for tapestries in transport or public construction.
- Flame retardant curtain for theatres or big events.
- Fire blanket.
- Flame retardant acoustic pannels.
- Flexible flame retardant barrier.
- Flame retardant insulating covering.
- Tapestries and flame retardant linings.
- Metal foundries.
- Firefighters and security services.
- Automotive and transports.
- Theatres and big events.
- Do not vacuum, brush or rub, some fibers can be left.
- It can mark white surfaces.
- In case of combustion, avoid inhaling the fumes.
- Avoid submitting the fabric to traction, tearing or shear forces.
- It is recommended to store it always rolled on a tube to extend its useful life.
- Do not use it as a welding blanket, the fabric is not designed to withstand incandescent metal projections.