FR FABRIC FOR WELDING WELS1
FLAME RETARDANT FABRIC FOR WELDING.
Texfire’s welding WELS1 fabric is an E-Glass fiberglass fabric with a black silicone coating for high temperatures on one of its sides. The fiberglass base brings mechanical resistance. The black silicone coating repels sparks and sphashes coming from welding works and also turns it into a fabric impermeable to any kind of liquids, gases and fumes. Its flame retardant features are permanent and it withstands temperatures of 250ºC in continuous works and 550ºC in peak works.
WELS1 has been designed to protect objects, surfaces or areas before incandescent sparks derived from processes of light welding, cutting and grinding. It is recommended to use it vertically, as a curtain type, always placing the silicone side on the exposed area. Thanks to its flexibility and lightness (<500 gsm) this fabric adapts perfectly over any surface that is wanted to protect, for example over metallic structures, boilermaking installations, pipes, etc.
WELS1 is a very versatile fabric that can be used as a flame retardant cover, as a curtain or as a welding blanket. The silicone side improves the fabric’s stability, easing its handling and cutting, without tearing nor spreading threads. WELS1 fabric resists abrasion better than a fiberglass fabric without coating, offering also a good balance between quality-performance-price.
WELS1 flame retardant fabric is certified in year 2020 with regulation UNE 23727 - Reaction to fire of construction materials -, with M1 classification. It also meets regulation EN ISO 9150 with a Class 1 classification - Behavior of materials over the impact of small melted metal splashes -, a test performed in an internal laboratory.
- Resists continuous temperatures of 250ºC and peak temperatures of 550ºC.
- Fabric’s thickness 0,4mm, 490 g/m2 and useful width of 150 cm.
- Repels projections and melted metal splashes.
- Totally impermeable to liquids and fumes.
- Flexible fabric, easy to handle, does not tear when being cut.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Opaque, suitable to protect ellements sensible to light.
- Its permanent flame retardant features don’t decrease with use. Does not expire.