WELDING BLANKET WELD S1
WELDING BLANKET SPARKS PROTECTION UP TO 600ºC
Texfire’s Weld S1 flame retardant blanket has been designed and manufactured by Texfire with WelS1 fabric. It’s a fiberglass blanket with one coated side with a special silicone for high temperatures. This special finish avoids incandescent particles from staying embedded in the blanket, as it happens with standard fiberglass blankets. Thanks to this feature, WELS1 welding blanket’s useful life gets increased notably, because incandescent projections are not stuck to the blanket, not carbonising Eglass fibers from the Wels1 fabric and are finally placed on the floor, losing its temperature very fast.
Weld S1 welding blanket is finished with a black bies on its perimeter to avoid it frays, tailored with Nomex® black colored flame retardant thread, it also incorporates 4 metallic grommets, one on each corner, in order to install it or hang it as a curtain.
This welding blanket is light, flexible and impermeable (water, greases and oils) and resists temperatures of 250ºC in continuous works and peak temperatures up to 600ºC. Comparing it to standard fiberglass blankets, Weld S1 flame retardant blanket stands out because of its long useful life and its easy management. Available in 2 sizes:
- 150x100 cm. (750 gr.)
- 200x150 cm. (1.300 gr.)
Weld S1 welding blanket has been designed to contain impacts from sparks and incandescent projections caused in soft or medium welding operations, like TIG, MIG, and electrode. It is also able to withstand melted metal slashes from cutting and grinding. In order to achieve the blanket’s maximum result, Texfire recommends using Weld S1 welding blanket vertically or diagonally, hanf or directly over the surface to protect. It’s important to avoid placing the blanket completely horizontal, because oversized projections can pierce the blanket, if falling over it and stay static during the temperature drop.
The fabric used in the making of this blanket complies with part of the EN ISO 13501-1 standard - Classification based on the fire behavior of construction products and building elements - achieving results A2 s1 d0 and B s1 d0.
- Fabric’s thickness 0,4 mm.
- Repels impacts from incandescent splashes of metals and other materials.
- WELS1 fabric is impermeable to liquids and gases.
- Light and flexible, easy to handle, use and storage.
- Suitable for indoors use.
- Totally opaque, suitable to protect elements.
- Free of asbestos.
- Finished with textile bies and tailored with Nomex® black colored flame retardant thread.
- Includes metallic grommets on each cornet, to ease its placement.
- WELS1 fabric is inherently flame retardant, it does not burn, nor melts or drips.
- Intrinsic features in the fibers, their features don’t decrease over time.