SILICA P2 FABRIC
FLAME RETARDANT FABRIC FOR EXTREME TEMPERATURES WITH A POLYMERIC COATING
SILICA P2 fabric is a flame retardant fabric whose basis is made out of silica fibers. Another distinguishing feature of this fabric is that it incorporates a polymer coating it on both sides. Silica fibers resist extreme temperatures up to 1,000ºC in continuous works and 1,300º in working peaks. The coating adds a better resistance to abrasion and waterproofing to liquids, fumes, and gases.
SILICA P2 fabric has been designed and made to offer a good performance in very high temperatures, maintaining the resistance and the structural integrity continuously on environments up to 1,000ºC. Its features make that this fabric can be used to protect in front of special tasks in extreme temperature environments, with extreme heat sources or in contact with very hot pieces. In addition, it is a fabric that can be cut and be tailored without fraying, which allows it to be used to tailor covers or thermal blankets for controlled cooling processes of pieces. It has a good performance when being in contact with incandescent metal pieces.
The black polymer coating for high temperatures helps to improve the resistance to abrasion and friction of the fabric, and eases its confection and cutting, avoiding frays in the fabric. It is important to highlight that the polymeric coatings disappear when being exposed to temperatures higher than 300ºC.
SILICA P2 has been tested in Texfire’s internal laboratories according to regulation UNE EN ISO 9151 Determination of heat transmission in exposition to flames , with a B1 result. Also, it has been tested to the flame test EN ISO 15025 achieving an A1-A2 result. The polymeric coating of this fabric brings very good resistance to abrasion and friction, according to test EN 12947-2 (resistance to abrasion). Taking into consideration that the fabric is made of silica fibers which, according to their own nature, are very resistant in technical terms, but fragile mechanically.
- It resists continuous temperatures up to 1.000ºC and peak temperatures of 1.300ºC.
- Fabric thickness 0.6 mm, 630 gr/m2 and useful width of 92 cm.
- Silica fibers don’t irritate skin. Does not itch.
- Fabric for high temperatures, it resists contact heat well.
- Reversible fabric (same features on both sides.)
- Permanent flame retardant, permanent features, does not expire.
- Thermal blanket for controlled cooling processes.
- Protection blanket for complex welding.
- Flame retardant covers for extreme temperatures.
- Thermal mats.
- Expansion/compensation joints.
- Covers for engines.
- Coatings of parts or hot areas up to 950ºC.
- Steel sector.
- Complex welding.
- Heavy machinery.
- It is recommended not to rub.
- Never use alcohols, solvents, or detergents to clean it. Flammable rests can remain.
- Can be used on both sides.